balshy-brooklyn

This is me, just the way I am. There will probably be some ranting and ravings at some point. I probably give too much personal information for the average persons taste. Most people tell me I'm weird. I think that I'm normal and everyone else is weird! I guess you can be the judge of that. Although, even if you think I'm weird .... I don't care ... I think you're on crack!

Friday, May 04, 2007

Renovations ... Day 3?

Not much to say. We were there for about 2 hours, but it feels like we accomplished NOTHING! We had to try and get the last few spots of wallpaper that are stuck to the wall like glue. We didn't fully accomplish that. Keri was awesome and put a new toilet seat on the toilet. She deserves a medal!! It was nasty! Crusty pee all over the toilet, and some brown spots. (dry heaves..) But I am so thankful to her...because I had to pee, but I wasn't about to pee on the toilet seat the last occupants left. I could have gotten some type of disease. Then we managed to rip off some, note that I said some of the nail trim that holds carpet down. That part seems to take forever! I also tried to take off some of the peel & stick tiles in the kitchen. Apparently the first one was the easiest. Because the other ones seem to be brittle and just break into little pieces. I also discovered that in the main part of the kitchen ... tile has been placed over top of tile. So I have two, that's right TWO layers of tile to take off. On a high note..I found where the pee smell came from. It was on the carpet in the front hall closet. Which I ripped out...and then realized I had forgotten to put gloves on. Man, I'm so glad I brought hand soap with me! We also had some bevvies from Tim Horton's & of course some baked yummy goodness. We were getting right into the renovations mode. You can't renovate with out Timmy's.
So tonight a mover is coming over to give us a quote to see how much it will be to move. Then afterwards, we will go to the house and try to accomplish something.
Then tomorrow starts the real deal. We'll be there ALL day for the next 9 days. Plus tomorrow is a VERY early day. We're getting up early to go out for breakfast and then we have to meet the locksmith for 9:30. I'm tired already and we're just starting. Hopefully the rest of the renovations don't go as slow as last night.

2 Comments:

At 2:13 p.m., Blogger Kim said...

busy, busy, busy...hopefully you get a lot done in the next 9 days. Then I can come visit you after it's done! hehehe

 
At 2:20 p.m., Blogger Krazygrrl said...

brat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home