balshy-brooklyn

This is me, just the way I am. There will probably be some ranting and ravings at some point. I probably give too much personal information for the average persons taste. Most people tell me I'm weird. I think that I'm normal and everyone else is weird! I guess you can be the judge of that. Although, even if you think I'm weird .... I don't care ... I think you're on crack!

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Yellow Roses

I forgot to say...

When I was visiting my grandma & grandpaW to pick up 'Simone' ...

My Grandpa 'G' came by to see me. I had issued a ticket for his brother and brought it up for him. In our conversation when he was booking the ticket, I asked if I could go shoe shopping with his credit card. He said no. So I asked if I could by myself some flowers...he said I could buy one. So I made a loud exhale...then I said ... can it be a yellow rose? To which he agreed. (but I was just joking, and he knew it)

My Grandpa 'G' loves me, I know this. But he doesn't really know how to show it. I'm used to a very lovey, dovey family who is very openly affectionate. So I have a hard time with my grandfather G's lack of outward affection.

As a thank you for bringing the tickets all the way down to him. He showed up at my grandparents 'W' with a thank you gift for me. It was 2 red roses & a Russ teddy bear. I can't remember him ever getting a gift for me, so I was VERY touched. He couldn't stay long, but we still had a little chat. When he left, he was gone about 30 seconds then popped his head back in the front door. He looked at me and said ... 'I hope it's ok, they didn't have any yellow roses so I got you two red instead'. All I could do was smile and thank him. I held it together until after he left. I went to find my grandma ' W' because I needed a hug. I just started crying.
It just meant SO much to me. He had listened to me ... not just heard what I said, but was listening. Sometimes, I may feel like he doesn't care or I don't matter... but he just proved me wrong.

It was a day of blessings. I was quite overwhelmed. The minivan from my grandparents 'W', my grandpa 'G' expressing how much he loves me...and on my drive home...my new minivan has good brakes. Why is this a blessing? Because a family of deer were crossing the road. It was a very peaceful moment and I just had to thank God because of the sheer beauty of the moment. I am so blessed...with the beauty of nature, with a giving & loving family, two adorable puppies, the most amazing best friend, a job I love, a wonderful boss who is a fun and caring person, a roof over my head, a lovely & free country and finally a prime minister with some brass ones.


ADDITION...

I am also blessed with a wonderful sister who loves me despite my kookiness.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 a.m., Blogger Kim said...

you forgot to add me to your blessings...I think I shall go and cry in the corner....

jk

Grandpa G. really is trying these days...I'm happy for you to have that wonderful memory now.

 
At 11:57 a.m., Blogger Krazygrrl said...

helloooo...you are part of my loving and caring family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home