balshy-brooklyn

This is me, just the way I am. There will probably be some ranting and ravings at some point. I probably give too much personal information for the average persons taste. Most people tell me I'm weird. I think that I'm normal and everyone else is weird! I guess you can be the judge of that. Although, even if you think I'm weird .... I don't care ... I think you're on crack!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Day 2 of Renovations...

I should say ... Hours # 3 & 4, but Day 2 souds better. We're both working this week, so can only go to the house and do some work for a couple hours a night. We took the dogs with us, because when we went to leave they started howling. REALLY LOUD!! Not good in an apartment building. So they got their wish and came with us. We had to section them off in the entrance way because there is too much junk and dangerous things they could get hurt with. So Kiya, whined THE WHOLE 2 HOURS!!!!!! Keri & I were both ready to kill her. Good thing she's cute. The move is really stressing her out. Everytime she sees boxes leaving the house, or me packing another box, she gets extremely clingy. I think she might believe we'll be taking a REALLY long vacation and we aren't going to take her. The stress is making her act out with a whole lot of barking! But back to the renovations ... last night, I got most of the wallpaper off in the kitchen. The spot by the stove that was caked in grease ... that is stuck like glue. My boss bought me some cleaning supplies as a 'congrats on the new place', and there is an awesome grease remover in the package. So I'll try and use that to get off the last of the wallpaper. Keri removed the carpet from the closets. The shag carpet in the linen closet...I thought it was orange. It actually used to be yellow... that's how dirty it was. The carpet in the livingroom is gone. I think for a couple hours of work we did good. I'm proud of us. I got my first injury. I was getting up on the paint ladder, which is new and my knee hit a sharp edge on the ladder. It ripped right through my jeans, rather nice jeans ... and I only have 2 pair of jeans. grr. The ladder gouged my knee, so it was a good thing there was a first aid kit in the van!

So tonight after work, it will be a quick trip to Rona to pick up some more supplies. I know I'll have to clean that bathroom before the major work begins on Saturday ... but it's just soooooo gross! So I'll definately be picking up a new toilet seat...and hopefully soon, a new toilet. ick. Just the thought of the current state of the bathroom gives me the dry heaves.

I don't know if this is normal, but I'm having a very hard time concentrating on work this week. I just want to get into the house and 'get her done'. It's fun, of course it's only day 2. Ask me again at the end of next week. I'm sore after a total of 4 hours of physical labour. I love learning construction stuff, but I am woman enough to admit I am too much of a wimp to do it for a living.

My new washer & dryer are being delivered this Tuesday. Yay! No more laundry mats for me. Some weird people go there, and I am refering to people other than myself. I won't have to listen to stupid slutty women flirting with married men. Hey you, hoser... he's married .... move on!

Also, my new fridge & stove are scheduled to be delivered on May 19th. So I guess if nothing else is done ... we better have the kitchen painted and the new floor down.

Yay! I'm so excited. Appliances, a vehicle & a mortgage. Wow, I'm a bona fide adult now.

1 Comments:

At 1:53 p.m., Blogger Kim said...

sounds like fun...not!

welcome to adulthood...now you shall learn that it's more work than fun...especially with the owning of a house ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home